Thank you for the prayer and asking for more...

Nsg4Him
on 10/21/09 2:35 am - Sevierville, TN
Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been able to post a lot lately.  I really do appreciate my buds in the TN obesityhelp forum.  Ron is still very critical.  He is still on the ventilator and they can't seem to get him off.  He has made some improvement in some ways, but none in others.  The doctors are giving him until Friday to make a change, one way or the other.  At that time I will need to make the decision to trach him and leave him on the vent or take him off the vent and just do comfort care (essentially Hospice). Please pray that something happens in the next 2 days that will take this decision out of my hands or will make this decision so obvious that I will have no problem making it.  Ron is only 54.  My heart leans one way, my RN head another, then they switch sides. So please pray.

Marilyn
                      Smoky Mountain Obesity and WLS Support Group 
                    1/17 6:30 LeConte Medical Center              

Former Elizabeth
on 10/21/09 5:11 am
You both are very much in my prayers and thoughts.   I am trying my very best to send you strengthening and peaceful thoughts and prayers.

What a devastating choice to have to make for your life partner.   I'm praying for such marked improvement that the choise never has to be made.

Dennie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child"

melsreturn
on 10/21/09 7:03 am - Madison, TN
Marilyn, we've all been reading and praying and waiting for better news...  and so we will keep believing and praying with you.  I'm so sorry that all of this has happened in your lives.  It's hard to understand why, etc and hard to wait on answers.  I do not know what you are going through, but please know that you are in my heart and prayers and thoughts.

Blush
on 10/21/09 8:55 am - Nashville, TN
You all are in my thoughts.

Lap RNY - August 12, 2008 - 365/340/193/175
Susan J.
on 10/21/09 11:09 pm - Madison, TN
You and Ron are in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan (AKA bilsrib) 
300/135/135 - Plastics February 2008 - Dr. Lois Wagstrom

P E A C E - It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

SCOTT O.
on 10/22/09 5:30 pm - Nashville, TN
It's Friday morn and I'm thinking of your decisons you have to make.  I'm sure God has laid it out all before you.  Remember this, your friends and family here on the boards and elsewhere are right there beside you!

Thinking and praying for you this morning!
Barbara D.
on 10/22/09 11:30 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
I pray that God will cover you with his love and wisdom and you face this day.

B
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 5:16 am - Sevierville, TN
I'm so sorry, Marilyn. I cant imagine being in your place myself with Dail. How heartbreaking. I didn't realize things had gotten this much worse with Ron. I'm sending prayers for you both, that God will grant you peace and wisdom with whatever happens.
Karen
Amy_Baggett
on 10/23/09 10:06 am - Monterey, TN
Marilyn posted this on facebook:  "Ron was extubated today. Adamant that he wants NO MORE treatment. Taking him home on Monday. I guess this is the answer to my prayer."

Marilyn and Ron, you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

HUGS
Amy

Adopted by Centennial 1/27/2010    
"Everyday do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow."
Barbara D.
on 10/25/09 12:54 am - Mt. Juliet, TN
Amy,

Thanks so much for the update.  Let us know if Maryilyn post anything else on FB.

B
Most Active
Recent Topics